Pantarhei Advisors is an Austrian public relations company, with offices in Vienna, Graz and Brussels.
Relationship with the Tobacco Industry
In 2016, Politico news reported that Pantarhei Advisors were lobbying the European Ombudsman on behalf of Philip Morris in relation to the European Ombudsman’s investigation into tobacco lobbying transparency.
Two Pantarhei employees, Anton Schoegl and Jana Tenglerova, attended a meeting on 27 April 2017 hosted by the Ombudsman, aimed at discussing how tobacco lobbying transparency can be enhanced. Schoegl and Tenglerova registered their attendance as employees of Pantarhei.
Despite attending a meeting on lobbying transparency, Pantarhei did not respond to emails from the Tobacco Control Research Group (University of Bath) seeking clarification if it was representing Philip Morris at that meeting.
Employees: Past and Present
- Pantarhei Corporate Advisors, Company, Pantarhei website, undated, accessed March 2017
- J. Paniche, Tobacco lobbyists demand say in EU debate on…tobacco lobbying, Politico, 26 April 2016, accessed March 2016
- European Ombudsman, Improving transparency in tobacco lobbying 27 April 2016 List of Participants
- Tobacco Control Research Group, Email to Pantarhei dated 20 March 2017 13:47, Subject: Query Re: Pantarhei's Attendance at EU Ombudsman Event 27 April 2016
- Tobacco Control Research Group, Email to Pantarhei dated 23 March 2017 14:11, Subject: FW: Query Re: Pantarhei's Attendance at EU Ombudsman Event 27 April 2016
- Filterlos, Philip Morris Austria verstärkt Corporate Affairs Team, 20 April 2014, accessed March 2017
- Österreichische Public Affairs Vereinigung, Members, OEPAV website, undated, accessed March 2017