Adrian Marshall is a former British American Tobacco (BAT) executive.
In July 2013, Marshall left Nicoventures. He briefly headed the Scientific Products Division of UK-based independent e-cigarette manufacturer Gamucci, before joining London-based public relations (PR) company Borkowski in September 2015 (which listed Nicoventures under ‘Past & Present Clients’ in 2017).
Long-Standing Career in the Tobacco Industry
- CEO, Nicoventures (2010-2013)
- Director Global Harm Reduction Programme, BAT (2006-2010)
- Vice President Sales & Marketing, BAT (2002-2005)
- Group Head of Corporate Social Responsibility, BAT (1999-2002)
- Marketing Director, BAT (1997-1999)
Leading BAT’s Corporate Social Responsibility and Harm Reduction Programmes
In the early 2000s, Marshall worked for BAT’s Corporate and Regulatory Affairs (CORA) where he was closely involved in the company’s Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and Harm Reduction Programmes.
In 2000, Marshall was a member of the newly established internal CSR Steering Committee, which was responsible for identifying gaps in BAT’s existing CSR policies and for reporting on BAT’s CSR initiatives and actions. In 2001, Marshall managed the funds available to CSR initiatives across the company.
Around the same time, Marshall also was involved with the company’s harm reduction initiatives, identifying harm reduction as one of six ‘key reputation management initiatives’ that would assist BAT in building a reputation as a responsible business.
- Understanding the emergence of the tobacco industry's use of the term tobacco harm reduction in order to inform public health policy, S. Peeters, A. Gilmore, Tobacco Control, 2015,24(2):182-189
- C. Cookson, BAT aims to smoke out nicotine lovers who find cigarettes a drag, The Financial Times, 5 April 2011, accessed May 2017
- A. Marshall, Linkedin profile, undated, accessed May 2017
- Gamucci, Gamucci launches new Scientific Products Division to Lead e-cig industry in innovation and quality, 17 June 2014, accessed May 2017
- Borkowski, Past & Present Clients, 2017, accessed March 2017
- A.W.H. Suszynski, Adrian Marshall, 16 December 1991, Truth Tobacco Industry Document, Bates no: 400431494-400431495, accessed May 2017
- Unknown, Senior Managers: CORA Programme, undated, accessed May 2017
- British American Tobacco, Social Reporting Scoping Study – Main Findings and Proposal to the Main Board, December 2000, Truth Tobacco Industry Document, Bates no: 325106209-325106222, accessed May 2017
- N. Shears, 2001 Budget, 1 March 2001, Truth Tobacco Industry Document, Bates no: 325133422-325133424, accessed May 2017
- S. Peeters, A. Gilmore, Understanding the emergence of the tobacco industry's use of the term tobacco harm reduction in order to inform public health policy, Tobacco Control, 2015,24(2):182-189