American Chamber of Commerce in Hong Kong
The American Chamber of Commerce in Hong Kong (AmCham Hong Kong) is one of the largest American Chambers outside the United States (US), and is an influential business organisation in the Asia-Pacific region.
Relationship with the Tobacco Industry
In 2017, AmCham Hong Kong’s corporate membership fee was HK$13,000 (equivalent to £1316) the first year, and $10,000 each year thereafter.
Promoting PMI-Funded Research on Illicit Tobacco Trade
In 2013, AmCham Hong Kong’s Trade and Investment Committee hosted an event for the International Tax and Investment Center (ITIC) and Oxford Economics to promote their PMI-funded research on the illicit tobacco trade.
Other AmChams Linked to the Tobacco Industry
- AmCham Hong Kong, Membership: JT International (Asia Pacific) Limited, 2017, accessed June 2017
- AmCham Hong Kong Membership: Philip Morris Asia Limited, 2017, accessed June 2017
- AmCham Hong Kong Membership: Trade & Investment Committee, 2017, accessed June 2017
- AmCham Hong Kong, Membership Categories, 2017, accessed June 2017
- AmCham Hong Kong, Joint Chamber Executive Research Briefing on Illicit Tobacco Trade, Hong Kong, 2 October 2013, accessed June 2017