Difference between revisions of "Coalition for Fine Paper Industry"
(Created page with " The Coalition for Fine Paper Industry is not a formal association but reportedly a collection of fine paper companies in Europe that agreed to have their interests represente...")
Latest revision as of 10:03, 22 June 2015
The Coalition for Fine Paper Industry is not a formal association but reportedly a collection of fine paper companies in Europe that agreed to have their interests represented ad hoc by Deutsche Benkert during EU Tobacco Products Directive Revision (TPD).
It is unclear which companies, are part of this Coalition, as membership could not be confirmed.
Undermining the Tobacco Products Directive
On 28 June 2012, German Member of European Parliament Renate Sommer unsuccessfully tried to facilitate a meeting between the Coalition’s spokesperson, Benkert, and the European Commission’s DG COMP, the department responsible for competition rules in the EU. Sommer suggested that DG COMP meet with Benkert as she shared the company’s concerns about plain packaging, saying that in her constituency 400 jobs would be on the line, notably in Small to Medium Sized Enterprises (SMEs).
- See Sommer’s correspondence with DG COMP, released under Freedom of Information (FoI) legislation, for more information.
- Countering Industry Arguments against Plain Packaging
- Plain Packaging in the UK
- Third Party Techniques
- EU Tobacco Products Directive Revision
- Lobby Groups
- European Commission Health & Consumers Directorate-General, Minutes of the Meeting on 6 February 2012, Brussels 20 February 2012, accessed June 2015
- R. Sommer, Email to M. Rehbinder (DG COMP) dated 28 June 2012 10:38AM, Subject: Revision of Tobacco Products Directive- Request for a meeting