E-Cigarettes: Imperial's Blu
From TobaccoTacticsJump to navigationJump to search
This page summarises products in its flagship brand ‘blu’ .
- For information on Imperial’s e-cigarette acquisitions, strategy, market share, advertising and lobbying, see E-Cigarettes: Imperial Tobacco.
|2014||blu GO||So-called product, a disposable ‘cig-a-like’ resembling a conventional cigarette. Discontinued in 2017, allegedly due to the introduction of new regulations under the European Tobacco Products Directive.|
|2014||blu PRO||Refillable tank system. Redesigned, but still on sale as of November 2019.|
|2014||blu PLUS+||A ‘closed system’ device, using a pre-filled cartridge, or ‘pod’, for the e-liquid. Described on the blu website as “Perfect for vapers new to blu”. Initially launched as a disposable, it was taken off the market in 2017, and relaunched as a rechargeable device.|
|2018||myblu||A ‘closed system’ device. Launched in February in the United States (US), United Kingdom (UK), France, Germany and Russia. Launched in Ireland in 2019. An ‘Intense’ range of e-liquids, containing nicotine salts, was launched in 2018, for use with myblu devices.]]|
|2018||blu ACE||Refillable tank system, described by Imperial as its “most powerful device”. Launched in April, it is described as a “sub-ohm” device, i.e. that it has a heating coil with an electrical resistance level of less than one ohm]. These are designed to produce large clouds of vapour. A range of e-liquids was launched in the US, called “Salt of the Earth”, for use in these refillable devices.|
- For more on Imperial’s product innovation, including nicotine salt e-liquids, see E-Cigarettes: Imperial Tobacco.
- Imperial Tobacco, Blu Plus+ and Blu Go Disposables Announcement, blu website, 20 April 2017, accessed November 2019
- F. Briggs, E-cigarette brand, blu e-cigs, launches Pro Kit, and range of e-liquids, Retail Times, 25 July 2014, accessed November 2019
- Blu PRO Kit Review Starter Guide (Generation 2016 model), ecigclick.com, 29 September 2017, accessed November 2019
- Imperial Brands, blu website, undated, accessed November 2019
- Imperial Brands, Interim Results for the six months ended 31 March 2018: Delivering our strategy in tobacco and NGP, Imperial Brands website, 9 May 2018, accessed November 2019
- B. O’Halloran, Tobacco group Imperial Brands has launched Myblu vape on Irish Market, Irish Times, 14 June 2019, accessed November 2019
- Imperial Brands, Building blu, Investor Presentation, 25 September 2019, accessed November 2019
- R. Becker, Juul’s Nicotine Salts are Dominating the Market – And Other Companies Want In, The Verge, 21 November 2018, accessed November 2019
- Imperial Brands, Creating Something Better for the World’s Smokers, report, October 2018, accessed November 2019
- Sub-ohm vaping explained – the pros and cons of it, Vaping Daily, 5 April 2019, accessed November 2019
- Imperial Tobacco – Focusing on Next Generation Products, Wholesale Manager, 23 October 2018, accessed November 2019
- D. Kriegel, How to Sub Ohm and Blow Big Clouds of Vapour, Vaping 360, 9 November 2018, accessed November 2018
- Introducing Salt of the Earth: New Line of Nicotine Salt E-Liquids, PR Newswire, 12 July 2018, accessed November 2019