Difference between revisions of "Kevin Doran"
Latest revision as of 12:56, 28 February 2017
Kevin Doran used to be Director for European Affairs at public relations firm Bell Pottinger.
Relationship with the Tobacco Industry
In 2011, when the impacts of revising the EU Tobacco Products Directive (TPD) were being assessed, Bell Pottinger tried to secure Imperial Tobacco access to senior EU officials, including officials at the Secretariat General who oversaw EU Better Regulation and the Commission's impact assessments.
In July 2011, Doran emailed a senior official at the Secretariat General suggesting that the revised TPD proposal “could lead to a further rise in counterfeit in Europe”, and that Imperial‘s Head of EU Affairs Istvan Komoroczki would like to discuss the matter further.
A copy of this email correspondence can be accessed here.
Doran wrote: “The issue deserves due consideration and an evidence-based rationale and I believe this meeting will help you and DG Secretariat General take a more informed position on the proposals – and the way they are being drawn up.”
Doran’s request was declined.
- The revision of the 2014 European tobacco products directive: an analysis of the tobacco industry’s attempts to ‘break the health silo’, S. Peeters, H. Costa, D. Stuckler, M. McKee, A.B. Gilmore, 2016, Tobacco Control; 25:108-117
- Quantifying the influence of tobacco industry on EU governance: automated content analysis of the EU Tobacco Products Directive, H. Costa, A.B. Gilmore, S. Peeters, M. McKee, D. Stuckler, 2014, Tobacco Control; 23:473-478
- PAN staff, Ex Bell Pottinger PA-Europe Boss Kevin Doran Joins Grayling Brussels,http://www.publicaffairsnews.com, 30 September 2011, accessed 22 August 2013
- K. Doran, Seven days a week in the life of Kevin Doran, http://www.publicserviceeurope.com, 2 August 2013, accessed 22 August 2013
- K. Doran, KevinDoran4Europe Facebook post 2 August 2013, https://www.facebook.com/KevinDoran4Europe, accessed September 2013
- K. Doran, Review of the Tobacco Products Directive, Email to Michael Gremminer]], 7 July 2011. Email released under Freedom of Information legislation
- K. Doran, Review of the Tobacco Products Directive, Email to Michael Gremminer, 7 July 2011
- M. Gremminger, Re:Review of the Tobacco Products Directive, Email reply to Kevin Doran, 11 July 2011. Email released under Freedom of Information legislation.