Difference between revisions of "Manifesto Club"
|Line 17:||Line 17:|
Latest revision as of 14:52, 4 February 2020
The Manifesto Club says it "campaigns against the hyper regulation of everyday life. We support free movement across borders, free expression and free association. We challenge booze bans, photo bans, vetting and speech codes - all new ways in which the state regulates everyday life on the streets, in workplaces and in our private lives". 
On 26 June 2007 The Manifesto Club hosted a debate asking "what the smoking ban means for freedom", and from 2010 was one of several organisations that took part in a series of debates, called Voices of Freedom, at the Institute of Economic Affairs (which has a history of being funded by the tobacco industry) in London, organised by The Free Society (a campaign run by Forest, which is funded by the tobacco industry).
The Manifesto Club has produced reports in collaboration with Forest which has received funding from major tobacco companies including Philip Morris, British American Tobacco, and Imperial Tobacco.
It is run by:
- Josie Appleton, who is a regular author for Spiked and has spoken at conferences organised by the Institute of Ideas
- Dolan Cummings, an Associate Fellow of the Institute of Ideas
- Manick Govinda
- Tom Mower
- James Panton
- About the Manifesto Club, Manifesto Club website, undated, accessed July 2019
- The Last Gasp, Manifesto Club, undated, accessed 14 June 2011
- Voices of freedom, The Freedom Society, undated, accessed July 2019
- The manifesto Club Outdoor smoking bans report, 21 October 2015, accessed July 2019
- Evans, G. 1982. Letter from Geoffrey to Michael Scott regarding new arrangements between Forest and tobacco companies, Truth Tobacco Industry Documents, Bates numbers: 303695982-303695984
- Ely, R. 1989. Forest, Truth Tobacco Industry Documents, Bates numbers: 301151283-301151284
- Anon, undated, Draft Forest Budget, Truth Tobacco Industry Documents, Bates numbers: 301151360-301151362
- Christopher Thompson, "Big Tobacco Hits out at 'Big Mother'", Financial Times, 7 April 2012, p4
- , Manifesto Club, accessed July 2019
- Josie Appleton, Spiked, undated, accessed 14 June 2011
- Battle of Ideas 2019 
- , Institute of Ideas website, undated, accessed July 2019