Nicholas ('Nick') Brown has been the Labour Member of Parliament (MP) for Newcastle Upon Tyne East, in England, since June 1983.
In October 2016, he was appointed Shadow Chief Whip of the House of Commons.
Brown has served as:
- Chief Whip of the House of Commons and Parliamentary Secretary to the Treasury (October 2008-May 2010)
- Minister for the North East (June 2007-May 2010)
- Deputy Chief Whip of House of Commons and Treasurer of the Household (June 2007-October 2008)
- Minister of State for Work (June 2001-June 2003)
- Minister of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food (July 1998-June 2001)
Relationship with the Tobacco Industry
Accepted Tobacco Hospitality
For more information on the tobacco industry tactic to offer hospitality to those with influence over the passage of tobacco laws, see Tobacco Industry Hospitality for UK Politicians.
Profile of Nick Brown on TheyWorkForYou website.
- House of Commons Publications, Register of Members’ Financial Interests – 9 February 2015 report, 9 February 2015, accessed February 2015