The Lewin Group
The Lewin Group is a US-based healthcare consultancy firm and was a subsidiary to Quintiles Transnational (now IQVIA), which provides clinical services to the pharmaceutical and biotech industries,  until it was sold to Ingenix (now OptumInsight) in 2007.
Working for the tobacco industry
Previously secret internal tobacco industry documents suggest that in 2000 the UK office of The Lewin Group was commissioned by British American Tobacco (BAT) to describe the disease processes associated with smoking and support the development of BAT’s harm reduction strategy. . In its proposal, The Lewin Group suggested that public stakeholder dialogues on harm reduction could “provide a platform for further public relations”. 
- The Lewin Group, About us: The Lewin Group, Accessed January 2013
- J. Goedert, HealthData Management, Ingenix to change its name to OptumInsight, 11 April 2011, accessed January 2020.
- C. Becker, Modern Healthcare, Ingenix acquires Lewin Group, 18 June 2007, accessed January 2020
- P. Peeters and J Starzewski, Literature Review and Synthesis Reports: Disease Processes and Tobacco Smoking, Truth Tobacco Industry Documents, 22 May 2000, Accessed January 2020
- R. Walker, Proposal for the Development of a Harm Reduction Strategy (HRS), Truth Tobacco Industry Documents, 26 October 2000, Accessed January 2020